From 2008 Street Lawyer was asked by Feantsa (European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeles) to represent Italy in the "Housing Rights Watch", a European network made up of an interdisciplinary group of associations, lawyers and academics from different countries, that target the promotion of housing rights for all.
Gli obiettivi dell’Housing Rights Watch:
- share information on laws and legal initiatives (a database of cases, Legal Analysis, monitoring of new legislation);
- Litigation support at national and local;
- Monitor and intervene in cases of systematic barriers to housing rights;
- Monitor the development of the housing situation from the point of view of basic rights;
- Support the changes in public policies at local and European level which have the objective of implementing the right to housing;
- Supporting the emergence of national networks in Europe to stand up for the right to housing.
The network is the Housing Rights Watch is based on the cooperation of national correspondents responsible for the use of the name of the name and the information exchanged.
The Housing Rights Watch is independent of political and religious. Its sole aim is the implementation of housing rights for all.
The network members are interdisciplinary teams that support national rights of homeless people, and work for a broad analysis of the housing situation. Members must be able to contribute to sharing of information at European level and practical.
Depending on the case, public information can be made available to other companies interested: non-governmental organizations, Institutes of international, public, lawyers, social workers, members of universities.
Belgium – Nicolas Bernard (email@example.com)
Spain - Guillem Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ireland - Padraic Kenna (padraic.kenna @ nuigalway.ie)
France – Marc Uhry (marc.uhry @ gmail.com)
Slovenia – Mateja Fajs (email@example.com)
Italy – James Fiorentino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact : email@example.com